Who I am

 Hafa Dai everyone! My name is Vanessa (Kosack) and I am from the beautiful tropical island of Saipan which is located in the Northern Marianas Islands. I am a mother of 1 girl and two boys and the newest addition to our family is my grandson! I am currently aiming for my bachelor's degree in social work. I enjoy listening to people share thoughts and ideas on anything as well as being an ear they can count on when something is wrong. I also enjoy fixing things and creating ways of organizing things in my house. 

I am interested in all different kinds of art, whether it be music, tattoos, sculpting the yard and glass blowing. (The behind the doors juice on this is a story for another blog, however I found it amazing the things I were created while melting glass.) I don't usually paint and if I do its pretty basic such as painting the walls for my house that I had recently renovated. I used to draw a lot when I was younger and because I am such a perfectionist you can see that I do not draw freely. My mother has several pictures which I had painted that she proudly hangs in her home. She is an artist and does mostly sketches.

Here on Saipan, we only have two very small museums. However, they are nothing compared to the museum's I have visited while on vacation with my parents. I have been to the Louvre Museum. Simply amazing and you need more than a day to completely go through it! I've been to other ones in California since my grandparents were originally from there and I got to visit every other Christmas.  



Comments

  1. You seem to be getting the hang of doing blogs, as you know I have been blogging for some time. Love-mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence, or is it? Last semester one of my music students was living in the Marianas. A family member perhaps? Or just a great place to live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it interesting reading other people's introductions. There are so many different things that I'm sure we all want to put in introductions. Seeing what people want to highlight about themselves sometimes tells you more about them than the actual introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was completely unaware of what Saipan was like so I had to take to Google. Oh my gosh, absolutely beautiful. What a cool place to be able to live. I am interested to hear more about your melting glass story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment